2009年3月14日土曜日

STEINBERGER / Spirit GT-PRO

Black, HSH pickup config (EMG Selects), 5 way switch, Steinberger R-Trem, all maple, neck-through, 24 frets, 25.5 inch scale.
I got it in 2003. It prectically immediatelly replaced my sole electric guitar for the prior 18 years, whic has happened to be an Ibanez Blazer Custom.
I was a kid in the eighties when Steinberger rose to prominence, and I was dead set against them. They looked ugly to me (back then), and since I grew up behind the iron curtain, had no idea about them apart from the radical design. At the end of the decade a friend of mine bought a Hohner copy, a G2T, in an unusual black&white 'harlequin' color, and playing it for 15 minutes just reassured my bad initial feelings about them. Didn't even thought of them for ten years.
1999 found me in Sydney, Australia, and just upon my arrival in May, the city what I called home for the following two and a half years treated me with a nice event, the Sydney Jazz Festival. I saw Chad Wackerman's band (ex-Zappa), and his then very young guitarist, James Muller, playing a Steinberger GL2 hardtail. It sounded good, nothing special, but he seemed to be playing it so effortlessly as I have never seen anybody playing a guitar. It made me curios, so I checked them on the net, it turned out that I have no chance of getting a real one price-wise. But I got sold on the ergonomics. So next time I went to see James Muller he played with his own trio in a venue called Side On. He played the Steiny, and guess what, this time it sounded unbelievable. IN his band he was not forced to be an aussie version of Allan Holdsworth (as he sounded in Chad's excellent band), and played the concert with no gain practically, and I fell in love with the mud-less tone of the dual EMG 85 setup. From then on I followed him wherever he played just to hear the guitar.

80年代初頭、それまで進歩のなかったエレクトリックギター、エレクトリックベースの世 界に革命をもたらしたアメリカの楽器メーカーである。  ギター=木製 という概念を根底からひっくり返し、チューニングはヘッドでする事に異を唱え、奇をてらうだけでは無く、プロが使用する楽器として完成度を 高めたところにスタインバーガーの素晴らしさがあります。  一時生産終了してしまいましたが、最近一部リニューアルして再販されています。 現在でもそ の完成度の高さを支持するミュージシャンは非常に多く存在します。

  • Body Wood: Maple
  • Scale Length: 25 - 1/2"
  • Neck Joint: Thru-Neck
  • Neck Wood: Hard Maple
  • Fretboard: Rosewood
  • Neck Shape: C-Shape
  • Frets: 24
  • Nut Width: 1 - 5/8"
  • Fretboard Radius: 14
  • Bridge: 40: 1 Direct Drive R-Trem Tremolo
  • Pickup Bridge: Steinberger Guitar Humbucker
  • Pickup Middle: Steinberger Guitar Single-Coil
  • Pickup Neck: Steinberger Guitar Humbucker
  • Controls: Volume/Tone
  • Tuners: 40: 1 Direct-Drive
  • Hardware color: Black
  • Pickup selector: 5-Way
  • Finish: Polyurethane
  • Includes: Gigbag





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿